Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Newspaper/Cinderblock Project

(sorry for the blurriness)

      I thought the Newspaper/Cinderblock project was a very nice first start for WASH. It took me awhile to figure out what I wanted to do at first, but after a few minutes of brain-storming, I had figured out a, hopefully, successful way at doing it.

I made several newspaper tubes, then stacked them and taped them together. I also used a thick and folded piece of newspaper and taped that to the tubes to secure them and hopefully help with supporting the cinderblock's weight. My first try with the cinderblock didn't go so well, as it started leaning to the left right when I put weight on it. I knew my base was sturdy enough, but I seemed a little unsteady. So I then created a very thick and sturdy tube of newspaper and taped it to the left side of the base where it could hold the weight when the cinderblock was lowered onto the newspaper. My second try was a success, which I glad for because I was unsure that it would work.

I thought this project was a lot of fun to mess around with. A great start to an awesome semester!

No comments:

Post a Comment