Sunday, September 19, 2010

The Exquisite Corpse Part II

Sentence :
      The weightless woman slapped an ugly animal.


Okay, so this assignment was a lot harder to do than thought it was going to be. I walked all around the entire campus this weekend trying to find anything that could resemble at least a tiny bit from my sentence. And let me tell ya, it wasn't easy. I finally got a small light bulb in my head when I saw this fallen tree limb right in the middle of campus, in front of the business building.

As to why this picture reminded me of my sentence, I just suddenly had an idea of how the fallen tree branch could be demonstrated as the weightless woman. At one point, that branch was in the air, swaying in the breeze, as though it were weightless, hence the 'weightless woman.' So when that tree limb broke, it fell and hit the ground. The ground represents the 'ugly animal', by which the branch 'slapped' the ground when it finally fell from the tree. Therefore, "The weightless woman(tree branch) slapped an ugly animal(ground)."

1 comment: