Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Group Critique on chosen 16

Critique



Group : Liz, Melissa, Tam, Allison

My group chose a few of my 16 to really suggest and critique on. Though these compositions were not in my top 4, my group thought it was a good idea to shed some light on tsome pieces that weren't quite right :

 This composition actually kind of confused my group. Most of them considered it closure when it was really labeled similarity. While it could be considered as both, my group decided it was more of an example of closure, which I now see when at first I created it as similarity. Group suggested that if the dots were a few different sizes, it probably would have been thought of as similarity.



My group thoughts were a little different from each others on which property this belonged too. Most said similarity but it also could be continuance or closure. While this is actually considered closure, I could see how it would be both similarity. Group suggested making the outer dots smaller and closer together if it was to be construed as closure.




This one was a tough one for my group. Some were insistent that it was continuance, while others thought it was closure. Group suggested making the dots closer together to complete the illusion of a square for closure, so it didn't look quite as spacious that it looked like continuance.





Top 4


Top Left : Group thought it was a great example of closure and good candidate for my top 4. They knew immediately what the composition's property was and that it created a good balance for the property, closure.

Top Right : My group thought this was a quick and simple example of continuance, which was very noticeable. Though the group suggested making the dots bigger for more distance.

Bottom Left : Group felt that this poece was a great example for proximity. Though they felt that would be a good idea to make the circles a bit bigger to give more depth.

Bottom Right : Good example of similarity, but suggested making the smaller dots a little closer to the bigger dots so it doesn't look too much like continuance.


Overall, my group was pretty accepting of my 16, aside from a few errors here and there. Though they suggested making all of my dots a tad bigger and bolder, for they were a little small compared to the size of the paper. Their choices for my top 4 were ones I strongly agreed on, in which they the 4 I would picked anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment