Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Cardboard experience/process

When I first found out that I had to create a crab out of cardboard, I thought I would be nearly impossible. I took me awhile to actually think of way to start on creating this thing. This first day we started cutting cardboard and putting together our objects, I was kind of sitting there, trying to think of a way to start. I knew from the beginning that I needed to start with the body of the crab first, which is what I did. It was hard figuring out how to connect the bottom and top of the crab with just glue, but I was able to make it work by created a small support in between the top and bottom cardboard pieces. I then created two small little eyes and cut out two fangs and glued them the bottom piece of cardboard for the mouth.

The next part was the legs of the crab. This part actually left me clueless and blank as to what to do to create the massive legs of a crab. It took me at least three tries and quite a while to come up with a solution. I created a little support beam using a small piece of cardboard and gluing it to the body of the crab, then cutting the middle of it and then connecting it with the leg, which was already completed. I have 3 legs done as of right now and need to do at least 6 more, which is not an easy task. It takes me around at least 20-25 minutes to creates each leg and making sure it won't fall off the body. As of right now, I am probably almost half complete with the project and I'm liking the outcome of my crab.

No comments:

Post a Comment