Monday, October 4, 2010

Text As Texture Final Critique


For for my critique, my group had a lot to comment and suggest about my piece. While it was an overall good idea, my group thought that the background kind of overwhelmed the squares a bit and suggested that I should have you used a lighter shade of newspaper with less text on it. That way the squares would be able to pop out more. The texture background pops out but the squares don't (texture=3D, squares=2D). The continuance in the composition is good, but it doesn't harmonize well with background and it should pop out more. After I got my feedback, I did manage to put on a few more layers of cardboard on the squares to make it more three dimensional.

Accordion Book

Overall, the general feedback on my book was pretty positive. My group thought that it could have used more variety and also to make sure not to show the background of the textures. They also suggested a more neater construction of the book, which seemed to be on the weak side.

No comments:

Post a Comment